LP112.com

for Lamborghini Enthusiasts

Vintage List Email Archive Search - Message Detail

Previous  Next

Number

Subject

Author

562

Re: [VintageLambo] Re: Brake parts interchange

Steven Rood

Body of Message

I"ve been a subscriber for years and Jim is a firm believer in snail mail or one on one. I"ve asked him about getting more involved with the internet community and listing his items on Ebay, and he"s always been very resistant to it, regardless of the benefits. Never really had a good reason why.I imagine someday, he will probably be a convert, but when. This is such a no-brainer for him and a great outlet for his newsletter. There are many people who aren"t online that look forward to his newsletter. ----- Original Message ----- From: Charlie Seymour To: VintageLambo@yahoogroups.com Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 7:31 AM Subject: Re: [VintageLambo] Re: Brake parts interchange I agree wholeheartedly.Let Jim know what we"re doing and ask for his contact info so we can put it on the site.Also ask if he has other ideas on how we can work together.Much better that he hears of the site from us than "third hand".I gladly pay the dues too. Charlie 76 Jarama S ----- Original Message ----- From: To: Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 10:05 PM Subject: [VintageLambo] Re: Brake parts interchange > I bought my car through Jim"s newsletter.I just received my renewal > notice for this year"s dues. I"m going to pay it, but a 4-page > newsletter every 3 or 4 months just doesn"t cut it anymore, compared > with the information exchange on the web. Those times that I"ve talked > to Jim about getting on the internet, he seems pretty adverse to it. We > need to find a way to incorporate the work he"s done and still have him > make a buck. 75% of the stuff in a given issue is either opinion or > reprints, but that still leaves 25% of the total being useful > information. > > Jim was very helpful to me in finding out about Lamborghinis, for which > I, if not my checkbook, am grateful. However, I think he needs to adapt > or become obsolete (sort of like our cars). Jim could be an enormous > asset to the list, and I think we should try to find a way to include > him. I don"t know how to go about it, but I for one would be willing to > pay a membership fee to be on this list. > > Peter > > > > > > > > > > > > >

 

Previous  Next

 

Information provided by members of the Vintage Lamborghini Group

Maintenance Techniques included in these pages should be attempted by a suitable qualified person only.

No Liability is accepted for errors or omissions!


Last modified: 19th April 2017